Remote SAFe POPM
- Date & Time
- July 20-23, 2021 EST
- This event is online. The link to attend will be in your confirmation email.
REMOTE COURSE - Zoom link will be sent out ahead of the course date.
Time: 9 AM-1 PM
Learn how the roles of Product Owner, Product Manager, Solution Manager, and Epic Owner drive the delivery of value in the SAFe enterprise. Get an overview of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), the Lean-Agile mindset, and an understanding of how the Product Owner and Product Manager roles operate in the enterprise to drive the delivery of value.
By the end of this course, attendees are able to write Epics, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories within the context of SAFe, and have a solid foundation for managing backlogs and programs in a Lean-Agile enterprise.
This four-day course prepares attendees for the SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) Certification exam.
Who will benefit?
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
To perform the role of a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
What You Get
- Attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe 5 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manger, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Annual Renewal Certifications expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Register to Attend